Thursday, February 20

imbibe [blood orange mint gin fizz]


Guess what's in season? Blood oranges! These gorgeous things are a welcome treat in the dead of winter, and make a fantastic cocktail.
I got the idea for this cocktail from here, and used their recipe for blood orange syrup (simply combine 3 parts juice to 1 part sugar in a sauce pan, stir to dissolve, reduce at a simmer for 3 minutes, remove from heat and add a buncha mint, cool to room temperature, strain, and store for up to 2 weeks).


The drink recipe they use is way too sweet for my taste, so I had to adjust. It's such a simple recipe, feel free to play with it. Gin was the obvious first choice for this one, but I see a blood orange old fashioned in my future, or maybe a blood orange margarita? Limitless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?