Tuesday, October 15

cheap eats [cider bourbon apple pie]

I am deeply wary of Sundays, as they usually bring me the blues. Even with a job I like, and post-work yoga scheduled for Mondays, the end of the weekend feels like, well, the end. It has a heaviness, a finality, a spirit of don't-bother-making-plans-because-you're-out-of-time.

D and I have combated this a few ways: having things to look forward to during the work week, planning an active Sunday and a restful evening, or, most frequently, with an ice cream date.

It was so gloomy outside Sunday that I had my heart set on a cuddly, quiet evening. A little Frank Sinatra, some hot cocoa, and a good book (more than half way through my book club pick).

Know what goes well with my intended evening? The smell of apple pie in the oven.


Cider Boubon Apple Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble I howsweeteats.com
I've posted a few recipes from How Sweet Eats before, and she's really knocked it out of the park again with her Cider Bourbon Apple Pie. Oh, don't forget the oatmeal cookie crumble on top. Next on my list is to try an apple pie with a cheddar biscuit crust. I'm searching for a great thanksgiving recipe, as I'm always the pie girl, but I may just resort back to my all-time-favorite Cranberry Apple Ribbon Pie from Bon Apetit '03. Don't mess with the best.

Cider Boubon Apple Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble I howsweeteats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?