Wednesday, April 24

discover [beerballet&bubbly]

My friend G has been attending something awesome called Beer Ballet & Bubbly for like, a year, and I've been jealous every time. I used to be a dancer! I love beer and champagne! I love alliterations! I've finally managed to get tickets for tonight's show, and I want to tell you all about it.

The Washington Ballet puts on this rehearsal series, where the dancers practice an upcoming production and allow the public to participate. The shows are in the England Studio, an intimate space. No costumes, no nonsense, no sitting 23498 seats back and relying on binoculars, just you and them. We'll be seeing the world premiere of Septime Webre's "Hemingway: The Sun Also Rises". This happens to be the ONLY Hemingway novel I enjoy (scratch that, old man and the sea is fine by me too), which I read while studying abroad in Spain and was very significant for me. Needless to say, I'm excited.


G got an invite for being a member of Ballet Night Tights, "a young professionals community engagement and ticketing program in which members will be invited to attend specific performances and enjoy substantially discounted subscription and single tickets offers and connect with other young dance enthusiasts." Sounds good to me. It's free to join and, as far as I can tell, is a great benefit.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Anyone else done something cool in DC that I should know about??

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?