Wednesday, January 9

HEALTHY cheap eats [spinach 5 ways]


To continue my theme from yesterday, I'm bringing you some lovely spinach recipes that I've tried this week (why yes, I did buy a 3lb bag of spinach from Costco last weekend, and yes, I've been actively hunting down and trying out new ways to cook it that don't involve spanakopita or copious amounts of cheese).

These are all exceptionally healthy and absurdly easy; most involve sauteing spinach for 3-5 minutes and mixing in vinegars, oils, spices.

Spinach with Nutmeg and Lemon- ate this for dinner last night, because I thought the nutmeg was an inventive flavor with spinach. It was. Pretty much the healthiest thing ever.



Rivaled only by this: Wilted Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes. The balsamic vinegar was fantastic. This is my fave so far.



Sauteed Spinach with Pecans and Goat Cheese: yeah, I guess I made an exception for the cheese. But if you're going dairy, goat is a pretty healthy option.



A bit more involved, if only in number of ingredients: Spinach with Indian Spices. I don't have mustard seeds, so I just added a smidge of stone-ground mustard. Suit yourself.



This is just a salad, but it's a SWEET salad: Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon, Tomatoes and Pecans. Anything with homemade dressing is good for me, and gently wilted spinach is a nice change from the fully sauteed options above.



Green it up! And for more spinach options, check out my green smoothie recipes from yesterday. More health in yo face tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?