Wednesday, December 12

[DIY] Crafternoon

I know I've shared a crafternoon craft with you once before (remember G's printing press?), but I attended another last week with the cutest ideas I had to share.

I made Christmas cards (just barely plural here, card making takes FOREVER). I used paint chips (my own project here, and all my inspiration ideas), which was fun and of course inexpensive. Is it considered recycling if you took all the paint chips to begin with?




Either way, it was fun but time consuming.



G's sister, J, and a few of her roommates were trying an adorable holiday DIY that I had to share: cinnamon stick candles! Could not have been easier, smell great, look festive and neat, and photograph really well:


All that's required is a hot glue gun, some cinnamon, and something to tie around your bundle: twine, hemp, baker's string, ribbon, etc. We would put a thin strip of hot glue on the back of a stick and apply it so it's flush with the bottom of the candle. Work your way around the pillar, varying heights and sizes for a rustic look. It can be tricky to find the last piece to fit, but like a puzzle, it is very satisfying to complete, and takes just a few minutes. Wrap it up with a bow and you're done! Here's mine in action at home, chillin with one of my favorite Slatkin & Co scents (Balsam Fir is the best, FYI).



Definitely buy cinnamon in bulk; G bought it from Amazon, where I found a 5lb bag for $25. While poking around, I found this set of 6 pillar candles for less than $6. Good reviews for a clean-burning, unscented, long-lasting candle.

Any holiday decor DIY's around your homes this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?