Tuesday, October 9

Discover [LearnVest] + LearnVest Live!

Guess where I'm going tonight!

Does anyone here use LearnVest? I'm surprised I haven't posted about it earlier, as it is one of the few daily email subscriptions I utilize, to great benefit. Their tagline, "where life gets richer", says it all: for me, their philosophy seems to be about living a fulfilling life within the confines of your budget. Kinda like my tagline, "a beautiful life, budgeted", no? LearnVest + Meaghan Gibbons = a match made in money heaven.

LearnVest, a 2009 start-up focused on educating women about finance, is really like having a super hip, honest girlfriend who is also a savvy financial planner. If you're a newbie, check out personal fianance 101, top money-managing mistakes, and the knowledge center for an introduction. The main way I use LearnVest is through their daily emails, usually human interest stories combined with sound financial advice. They also have a Mint-esque Money Center; I've heard it's less sophisticated, but they aren't trying to sell you products or push credit cards, either. You can also pay a very modest fee to have a personal financial planner.

They're hosting their first "LearnVest Live" in NYC tomorrow night, and I'm excited to be attending. It includes a free Financial Plan, so I'll let you know if I find that useful. It's sold out, but I heard you can get a virtual ticket (and Financial Plan) if you're interested. In the meantime, go sign up for LearnVest!


LearnVest Live

WHO: LearnVest, our favorite celebrity role models (including fashion designer Cynthia Rowley, Marie Claire editor Joanna Coles, Top Chef judge Gail Simmons, Gilt Groupe cofounder Alexandra Wilkis Wilson and LearnVest's own Stephany Kirkpatrick, CFP) ... and you!

WHAT: An in-person event where you'll meet other LearnVest members, indulge in fun drinks, dinner and dessert, and attend breakout sessions where industry leaders (like the above—and more!) will teach you how to live your best life ... on your budget.

WHAT YOU'LL GET: Dinner, drinks, dessert, breakout sessions with top experts, a gift bag ... and a free LearnVest Financial Plan! Grab your girlfriends, send them a calendar invite today, and we'll see you for a night you won't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?