Thursday, October 4

Bag it Up [September Birchbox]


Birchbox strikes again with their September offering. Heavy focus on hair care, and I am a-o-k with that. Let's take a look at the products, shall we?

Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir- not my scent. Was a little old for me, and not like sexy cougar old, more like grandma hitting the town old. I like the simplicity of the bottle, but won't be buying this one.
Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm with SPF. I I happen to not be a lover of BB creams, unlike everyone else in the world. I just don't see how one cream can do a better job than my serum, moisturizer, primer, and foundation. Yes, my routine takes a bit longer, but between layers I do my hair, make coffee, get dressed, etc, so I don't think it adds any time. If I was a tinted-moisturizer-and-go kinda make up girl, I can see this being a definite upgrade, but I like to wear a full face, thank you very much.
LiQWd Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner- great packaging, acceptable product. I have very, very fine hair and a deep mistrust of the value of shampoos/conditioners. So, while I do appreciate anything that claims to provide some much-needed volume, I just don't trust that it happens in the shower. I rely much more heavily on products I use after the shower, making me an inadequate and skeptical reviewer for this one. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
LiQWd Volumizing Catalyst, to round out my LiQWd family. They even included a video on how to best use this product: pump it into damp hair, style as usual. I found that it worked well, but I was greasy after one day. For those of you that wash your hair daily, no problem. I definitely don't fall into that camp, so I'll only use this for special events.


Not a ton to say about these babies- who doesn't like extras? The nailpolish I got from Color Club was vibrant and fun, and the hair ties from Twistband adequately keep my hair out of my face. Yay for value added!

As always, visit here if you'd like to get signed up for your $10 per month package of sample-sized beauty. It will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

how you like dem apples?